Google My Business is where you can add a free business listing on Google. When talking to other people about social media and how to increase your businesses exposure, I’ve mentioned Google My Business and nine times out of ten the person I’m speaking with doesn’t know what that is. Basically by creating a listing it increases your brand awareness and gives you another free avenue to advertise your business and be found, especially because Google is such a large and popular search engine.
A Google My Business Listing looks like the screenshot below. As you can see it shows;
- Any reviews left on Google+
- Phone Number
- Business Hours
- Reviews from the web including Facebook
The benefits of having a listing
- Whether people are searching for your listing on Google search or Maps your listing will appear first.
- Your customers can find you easily and have your contact information like phone number, website and directions on hand.
- Add pictures to give your customers a better idea of what you do.
- Customers can leave you google reviews which will show your star rating.
- You get insights straight from Google which will tell you how many views, clicks and new followers on Google+.
- You can monitor how many clicks have been made on your businesses phone number, directions or website visits.
- You can also see how many times someone has found your business on Google!
So how do we set it up?
Because there are a couple of parts to setting up your listing I have provided the links below to step by step instructions direct from Google.
Hopefully these guides and instructions will give you a better understanding and help you create your listing on Google so you can increase your brand awareness. You can also download the app for IOS and Android and view your analytics on your phone making it easier to keep track.